Sunday, March 22, 2020

So.....how are you?

The current situation is quite horrible, especially for all the folks who are social and work outside their homes, (I know that is pretty much everyone).  Please know, I am worried about y'all.  Every. Last. One of you!
Around here at Chez JuneyWoollyThinker, life proceeds almost as usual.  While there is no popping out to the store or job interviewing going on,  I continue to knit.  It's Spring now, so there is gardening to be done.  I may even manage to pull out my sewing again.
On the knitting front, I cast on My Little Secret Crop last night, about 10:30pm after pillaging my yarn hoard for appropriate yarn.  I'm about half way through the body (I'm adding just a smidge of length) and am already plotting a second one.  The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Sport in the Aurora Heather, it's been in the hoard for years.
We'll see how fast I can finish it.  Wool tank tops seem rather sensible for Spring weather in Idaho.

With the start of the gardening and the putting out of the seedlings comes the War with the Squirrels.  There are rather a lot of the fuzzy little bastards around here.  They left my pea seedlings alone:
But for some reason the bean seedlings were to be dug up, sat upon, and in one case, eaten entirely:
The conspiracy of ravens that has been frequenting our house, as well as a local hawk or two (occasionally even sharing a tree) seem to have slowed them down today.  Honestly, I am completely okay with it.  I really don't want to have to keep re-planting.  Cayenne pepper and neem oil will be used liberally as deterrents as long as my supplies permit, combined with physically chasing them off and shouting, "Oi!"  Hopefully, something will work.

Stay safe.  Be well. (I still can only think of Demolition Man)

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.