Saturday, March 7, 2020

The Current Theme is Apparently Green

Despite the weather deciding to not be amenable to my Spring mindset, I continue to push forward in anticipation of warmer weather.
My garden starts are making their first appearances.  I may even be able to put them outside in a few weeks.  Mainly, peas, cucumbers and melons.
I pulled a cross stitch pattern from the top of my pile from Subversive Cross Stitch and got to work.
I cast on a giant color work shawl, the Boho Texture Triangle  Not my usual style, but in a forest themed color palette?  I am smitten.
I finally broke down and bought mesh produce bags.  They are quite good.  I also purchased some microfiber cleaning cloths/towels.  Yes, they are synthetic, but if I don't have to keep buying plastic wrapped paper towels?  I will call it a win.
I got some vertical planters for the mass amounts of salad I plan to grow this season.  They are heavy, well made pieces I will reuse for quite some time.  There may also be a half dozen other large planters in my front room.  I can't put in raised beds where we are at right now, so I plan to be Queen of the Container Garden.

The emergency radio I bought for our camping gear box?  Totally bought it in green.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.