Friday, February 28, 2020

Spring Prep

Spring seems to be starting to show itself around here.  This of course means that the Seed Hoard I've been steadily adding to over the last six months or so has been brought out for perusal.
Mostly salad greens and flowers of various types.  Peas and beans as well.  A couple of short season melon varieties to try out as our growing season isn't overly long.

I threw together some melt and pour soap, nothing fancy, though the mixes are minus the ingredients I have found make me itch, so worth the minor effort.
Of course I used Halloween themed molds.  What else would I use?

My votive candle molds are awaiting use:
The wicks I need show up next week.

While out wandering locally, I came upon some distinctive cookie cutters that I felt needed to be added to my collection:
Llama, octopus, clover, moose, sloth and a wine glass. 

Some yarn did come in for a few summer tank tops I plan on making, in between the other three dozen projects on my "to make" list.  I haven't taken photos of the yarn yet.

Lately, it's been about cleaning house and re-stocking the pantry for Spring, accumulating gear to put in the camping gear box, and trying to decide on a rational number of plants/seeds to get started.  That last one being the most difficult, as well as oddly time consuming, of the lot.

Now for a bit of Cassandra's Soapbox.  Current events are....Not. Good.  This is the consensus of our household with our unique background in the Not Nice Stuff.  Please listen to the nice doctors and scientists and clever people who actually know what they are talking about. Be sensible about things.  Take what precautions you can.  Expect that you will likely have to help others at some point.  Don't Panic.  It won't hurt to have a plan, you have them for natural disasters and things right?  Take care of yourselves, darlings...I worry!


No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.