Thursday, December 24, 2020

Almost...

 Cards are written out.  Small gifts made and ready to go.  All sit, waiting to be mailed.  I almost got everything done as expected. I worried so much about getting things done "on time", I burnt out before the finish. When the time constraint is gone, the feeling of obligation lifted, Friday or Monday, things will likely get mailed out (provided things continue to work as usual).

I've barely been knitting.  I sit in a yarn fort, surrounded by a dozen works in progress and just can't be bothered.

Son made gorgeous (and super delicious!) caramel pecan cinnamon rolls for this morning:


Daughter is making beignets tomorrow.  I have plans to make an eggnog cream pie.

The house smells like my latest incense purchase:


It will get better.  Things will be sent out.  Knitting oomph will come back.  There are the spring and summer plantings to plan.  And, in my case at least, pondering where to put giant kale and watermelons masquerading as pumpkins helps.  May you also find what helps.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.