Sunday, December 27, 2020

Seeds and Sewing Plans

 I recently purchased seed for various types of plants that will do well in our Spring/Fall weather.  Part of that purchase were also purple tomatillos and hot peppers, because Daughter requested plants to make salsa verde, but had seen the purple versions of the ingredients and could I possibly get those?


Purple it is, with a heavy dose of black and a bit of blue too!  As well as kale that grows leaves up to three feet long.  Should keep us in greens, right?

The seeds are from two of my current favorite gardening sites Baker Creek Heirloom and Urban Farmer.  

The difficult part is waiting to plant at just the right time!  So maybe I can actually do some sewing finally, while waiting for the ground to thaw out?

I have had goals to dress like Evelyn from The Mummy for....well, quite a long time.  I was frustrated by the blouse she wears in the first part of the movie though.  Really, all it is, is an over sized man's button up shirt.  But I am a history clothing nerd, I had to go find the likely inspiration (found a random page out of a Sears catalog for Spring 1918) and then find a pattern for that.  Of course.   And I finally did!  The New Idea Ladies Waist One Seam Sleeve pattern from Past Patterns.  I haven't contemplated fabrics or colors yet...and I still have to actually purchase said pattern.  The other positive is that I have discovered I am exceptionally fond of Edwardian era (and really till the beginning of the 1920's) clothing.  

Maybe it's the hats?

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.