Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Happy First Tuesday in January?

 I lost the first few days of the new year to a rather unpleasant headache (my neck muscles have finally unclenched, mostly), which is entirely unfair as I stuck to water for New Year's to avoid that kind of start. 

My official number of completed knitting projects goal for this year is twenty ( I managed twenty five last year); the list I actually wrote out has thirty-eight items on it.  The list does not have any Dolores related items.  The fourteen Dolores kits I plan to complete this year are, apparently, an entirely separate list/goal/time stream in my head.  We shall see how things work out.

There are at least four patterns waiting for me to make muslins, that I might make garments that actually fit, about a dozen pieces (likely more than that) when the sewing is all done.  Once I get to them.  A couple of the patterns do need to be drafted from scratch, which does slow down the process a bit.

Which is likely why I checked the weather, went digging through my ever growing seed collection, picked out a lettuce, a kale and a tomato variety known for their cold tolerance, and plopped them in the surprisingly soft dirt in the pots on my sheltered porch.  

I may not see progress on the craft front as fast as I would like, but I may manage kale in February.

I mean, I've got vanilla and yerba mate in the dining room:


That is a pot of alpine strawberries I started from seed last spring in the background.

And yarn for another sweater will be here by the end of the week.  It's purple.



No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.