Monday, January 25, 2021

And now I'm knitting a sweatshirt.

 It was a pattern I bought before remembering, that as much as I like fuzzy, fluffy yarn in socks, in a shawl, as fluffy little toys...as a sweater, not so much.  I do have one, in mohair, and it's lovely.  The singe marks on one cuff let you know why it's not in standard household rotation.  

Then, during one of my marathon podcast listening bouts when my back or neck were giving me fits (a problem a little too often this year already), I heard one knitting podcaster mention she was living in leggings and sweatshirts, sadly ignoring most of her handknits.  

My brain very helpfully wanted to know, why not knit a sweatshirt?  Something soft, nice and over sized, but an upgrade from standard, off the rack sweatshirts. 

Then I remembered that pattern.  Why not just look to see if there would be a suitable substitute yarn somewhere?  Maybe something with some plant fiber content so it wouldn't be too warm to wear while working in the house or a cool Spring afternoon in the garden?  And could be worked nicely with three-quarter sleeves.

I may have found some Berroco Vibe on clearance, in Fern, one of the few colors left in any quantity.  It is exactly what I needed.  The yarn is soft, light and easy to work with.  The pattern is uncomplicated, once you cast on the correct size.

So...now I am knitting a sweatshirt, technically it's bespoke?:


The idea is that is will gently and successfully carry me through the last of a month I was done with once Inauguration Day was concluded with joy.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.