Saturday, January 23, 2021

Yerba Mate Flowers and New Towels

 

My little yerba mate tree has beautiful little flowers!  Honestly, I had no idea what it was going to do, so it's been highly enjoyable to see what it does.

I bought new towels!  Mainly because Daughter bought new towels, in a lovely blue, proclaiming how soft they were, while not being overly pricey.  So I promptly went to see if they had a color that would suit.

I chose a bright green they had.  Is anyone really shocked?

Turns out, it is almost the exact shade of green as the accent tiles in our bathroom.  Definitely a bonus as we were due for replacement bath linens.  The bath sheets are not as big as I hoped, but still a more than serviceable size.

I finished my cream colored Trescao (only three more to go! Which is likely why I am knitting on something else entirely):

I am making these out of Berroco Remix Light, so they are comfortable, yet slightly fancy tee shirts, that will not look odd with the cycling skirts I am making.

I am about to get ready to start sewing the pieces for my Evie outfit (at least the first one).  The reading glasses and locket I already owned, (the locket does not have any pictures in it, but it does have art of the hemlock plant on the front).

I also bought a new tarot deck illustrated by a favorite artist of mine:
I haven't had the time yet to play with the deck much, but the artwork is stunning and makes me incredibly happy.

Really I have had everything bouncing around in my brain: from "yay! I have found the perfect deodorant!" to "what is wrong with being an anti-fascist exactly?" then rounding to "what color would Out of Cheese (redo from start) be?" 

 It's definitely been quite a start to the year.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.