Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bad Knitter, No Cookie

I am trying to finish one of these, AlliGator Bag , even came up with a few modifications for it because I can't seem to leave well enough alone. And really, could I possibly leave something like this alone? Of course not, he must be a dragon, not a gator. A little felt for eyes and flame et voila, instant dragon conversion. This would have gone much better if I hadn't been in such a hurry to finish the bag itself. I knew I had the wrong number of stitches. Figured a stitch or two wouldn't be a big deal, the bag is felted a bit anyway, there was some leeway. And then, then I finished the bag. I looked at it laying there, ends not woven in and realized there was no avoiding it. I was going to have to rip out the bottom third of the thing and re-knit it. Blast and Damn. This bag has given me blisters (I knit rather tight sometimes). I've been knitting with band-aids on my fingers. Re-knitting parts of this are very last on my list of things I want to do, but I want this bag so very badly. It's perfect cartoon-like elegance calls to me.
I think this evening will require a few things; deep breathing, a glass of wine, some chocolate and someone else to fold the laundry.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.