Monday, April 6, 2009

So much to do, so little time

My birthday went well. There was a little shopping, of which I need to take pictures. There was a lovely dinner out that included a large slab of chocolate cake with fresh berries. Every where we went, people were exceptionally nice. Yay! Made for a very entertaining day.

Then we got home. There has been discussion on possibly, definitely maybe, going home for a bit of a vacation this summer. Like nine weeks or so from now this summer. I am still in the midst of my wardrobe re-vamp and getting off my rear after winter hibernation (this is excusable, we had snow last week). I've got nine projects on the knitting needles right now as well as fabric for three sewing projects prepped and ready to go. Which is only half of the projects I think must be completed in those nine weeks or so. Yes, that is twenty two projects of various sizes and mediums in just over two months. It's also going to be time to re-henna my hair, as well as get back to regular work outs and weight lifting sessions. Did I mention the landscaping and victory garden that we are attempting to put in? I've got seedlings of eight types of tomatoes, four types of melons, cucumbers, sweet peppers, beans, sugar peas, and greens. The raspberry we bought last year is coming back beautifully. Then there are the herbs: mint, lemon thyme, catnip and lavender so far. I only have my red geraniums for flowers right now, with black pansies and hollyhocks soon, as well as bright red nasturtiums and cosmos. Did I mention the poppies (California orange and coral Oriental/Flanders)and the marigolds?
At least the kids' lessons are a steady routine. I've started looking into accredited distance high schools for Darling Girl. I'd rather not have her bouncing high schools, which would otherwise be likely thanks to Dear Husband's job. At least I have few months to figure that one out.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.