Sunday, February 9, 2014

Glad that January is over

January brought a goodly amount of stress and worry.  I dealt with it as expected, I knit.  Wading through my piles of unfinished projects, (I still have not bought any yarn this year) I found a fairly simple lace and bead shawl three-quarters finished.  Now it is all finished.
It remains unblocked for now.  I promise it will be truly lovely once that happens though.
Technologica from Doomsday Knits, potentially with a pair of matching Apocketmitts, is also on the needles in a gorgeous red-plum merino/silk.  Here is the top paired with the bright teal cotton a-line skirt that is making slow progress as my current purse project.

I may have to break down and buy more yarn for the skirt, but as I'm not overly tall, I'm hoping I can manage with what I have already.
I leave you with yet more proof that I really do buy wine just for the label. ;-)

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.