Sunday, July 8, 2018

Coffee, Tea and Galactic Broccoli

It got hot and I've had a garden to attend to.  Including a couple of coffee and tea plants!
Most of my knitting has been gifts the last couple of months, two-thirds of which has to stay under wraps for another few months and the others got sent off in a rush...so I forgot to take pictures.
I also finished a couple of sweaters, so useful when it's 90*F outside:
The Rule of Three, in some Malabrigo worsted, Chircas colorway:

And a V-neck Boxy, in Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Thunderhead:
Yes, it looks unflattering. Quite honestly, it was also not the most fun knit I've ever made, but it looks outstanding on!  I made it a slightly cropped length, better suited to my frame.
Both still need to be blocked, but I figured I had some time before they would be in my wardrobe rotation.
I decided to splurge just a touch after finishing so many things and so a skein of Blue Moon Fiber Arts BFL Fingering in the color Galactic Broccoli came to live with me and make me happy. 
Look at that color!
The sewing has also come out again lately.  I have grand ambitions.  I started with a small drawstring bag.
The fabric is from the Ghastlies collection.  I have a large bag cut out of the same fabric.  I have patterns traced for multiple garments. Plans for glow in the dark pajamas.  Even a few skirts cut out, just waiting to be sewn up. 
For today, the little bag is fine.


No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.