Saturday, July 28, 2018

A Little Knitting, Purple Meringues and Expansive Sweet Potatoes

First and foremost, I completed my twelve projects in twelve months...three days ago.  There are seven more items on that list in progress.  There are another two dozen possible new projects on the list as well.  I think I may have been slightly over ambitious.

Ouzo, all blocked and seamed and blocked again; will not be modeled until day time temperatures drop to something reasonable:
I finally made myself a Dragon Scarf from Morehouse Knits  Husband and both kids have scarves, and have for years.
Yes I need to weave in ends.  He should be blocked too.  There should be time to do that between now and when the weather calls for it.

Despite my complaints about the heat, I keep knitting.  Sadly, the warm weather has made me terribly lethargic.  Getting my sluggish brain to remember the need to take pictures of my work in progress hoard is almost as difficult as finding the energy to get up to do it.

Daughter made meringues the other day:
She dug through her art supplies to find something in the equivalent color range.

And this is the result of the grand idea to put a few sprouting sweet potatoes in some dirt and see what happens:
Ummmm, now what?  They are a solid mass of foliage that is a foot and a half high.  Dirt cannot be seen through the leaves.  I have never done this before, it seemed like a good idea at the time...now I'm wondering if in another couple of weeks they will over grow the pot and begin conquest of the yard!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.