Saturday, August 18, 2018

My knitting isn't all gray....

It does seem like it right now though.
The yarns at the top and bottom of the photo are destined to be Autumn League sweaters. Not fancy, but comfy pullovers that I can throw in the washer without worry.
The project in the middle is Elemental Shawl by Renee Leverington, being worked in Ella Rae Rustic Lace Quad in Everest.   I'm only just starting clue 2, but it's been a highly enjoyable knit so far.

Then there is the knitting not quite cast on yet:
The ball of laceweight is Northbound Knitting in their Artemesia colorway that is going to try and be a Carrollton Top once I manage to cast on the endless number of stitches, (I did math for the gauge I liked and have to go up a few sizes).
The pile of KnitPicks Diadem DK I pulled from the yarn stash, I think is going to become a Modesty cardigan.  I'm thinking I will likely forego the button closure.

Gothic Angel MKAL starts in October...and the yarn I have picked is gray, but not here yet.

And just to prove my knitting hasn't been all bland, my vanilla (okay maybe a little bland) socks in one of Potion Yarns hand painted sock blanks, I really love her yarn too...she is also quite charming.  Yes, I am still working on them, but knitting progress has been slow, I've been tired.

Speaking of tired; I posted a photo of myself earlier after a bout of insomnia and my son politely letting me know the makeup wasn't really hiding anything, but having to go out anyway (grocery shopping must be done)...and then posted the worst one out of the set.  I had meant to post this one:
The one where I didn't look as wide eyed crazy scary.  Ah well.  On the upside there is now  Halloween candy within arms reach:
I foresee a relaxing Saturday evening filled with podcasts, knitting and chocolate (and an earlier bedtime). 

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.