Sunday, August 26, 2018

The real reason I have no small talk?

My Friday involved yard work and cleaning out the drain on my washing machine. After such less than pleasant tasks, one which involved me laying on my hard floor taking out and putting in screws as well as grossness...
I figured I would allow myself some down time over the weekend, Saturday in particular.  Unsurprisingly, I have knit.  What is surprising is that it has been almost entirely on one project:
This is the Elemental Shawl by Renee Leverington  It is a mystery knit along from a designer that I have consistently enjoyed for years.  I have just started clue three, clue four came out yesterday, and there is one more clue to go.  I am using Ella Rae Rustic Lace Quad in Everest and rainbow peacock seed beads (that you can't see in the photo; it's overcast).  I just keep knitting.  The lace is intuitive, the beading uncomplicated.  It needs to be put on a longer cable at this point, but I would have to stop knitting to find one.
I've also put a few rounds on my first Autumn League Pullover done in KnitPicks Mighty Stitch in Ash pulled from the yarn stash.  It's an easier project to knit in bed than the lacework.

I did get out the bits and bobs I plan on putting on my themed Julgran sweater that I really haven't done much more than cast on.  Really need to work faster on that.
Throw in a few loads of laundry and watering my plants...and that is my weekend.  And to be perfectly honest, it's been rather awesome.  I am a homebody.  I am also that person who will have cookies and other snacks on offer if you show up at my door....but you will also have to carry the conversation.  That is, unless we get on to politics, religions, history, crafting (of any sort) or gardening...then you will probably wish I would shut up. :-)

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.