Friday, July 19, 2019

A Shawl Interlude, New Yarn, More Sweaters and a Dress That Glows in the Dark

It has so far been a Sweater Year.  Yarn has arrived (and will be arriving), for even more sweaters.  To break up this mass of sweater-ness, I cast on a shawl.  Bulky yarn, size 11US (8mm)needles, a lovely quick project made slightly larger than the pattern calls for.  
Nothing says high summer like a heavy, hooded, wool shawl, right?  The yarn is KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Superwash Bulky in the Briar Heather colorway. I am modifying the pattern to extend the hood portion just a bit more.  As it's been on the needles for just about a week, it feels like a nice, mindless, instant gratification knit.
Which brings me to new yarn and the sweaters I plan on knitting with it.
First, there is this beautiful skein of Cat Sandwich Fibers I got from Eat. Sleep. Knit.:
It is the How to Mix Black colorway on the Skinnie base, which will become a Ripple Bralette.
Next is the yarn for a Love Note sweater:
KnitPicks recently came out with new Felici sock yarn colorways.  When I saw the Sally colorway, I knew I needed a Sock Arms sweater
There are two more sweaters I am still sorting out the yarn for; a My Boy Lollipop and a Half Moon Tee, (yes that last one is colorwork, which isn't my favorite technique, but I need that sweater).  

Today I also cut out one more Popover Dress.  I hadn't planned on this one.  I just kept thinking about the fabric.  The fabric that had been bought for some menswear style pajamas.  Woohoo!  Glow in the dark pj's!  Which really would be awesome...until I realized the fabric was just a bit stiff and the pajama pattern a bit fussier than brain space would currently allow.  Glow in the dark dress it is!
To go with my glow in the dark night sky dress I have a bat belt that feels like the perfect accessory. (At some point I will remember to buy washers for pattern weights.)  
I am thinking this will be most of a perfect outfit for a witch themed fundraiser for a local domestic violence charity that happens in a few months.
The actual sewing will likely take place next week when it is supposed to be too hot to even think about sweaters or knitting.  Who am I kidding?  I will totally still knit.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.