Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Some Finished Knitting, Actual Sewing Progress, and Discworld Adoration

I finished my Special T!  I made it a bit shorter, but other than that, followed the pattern.  I adore it!  The Berroco Remix Light makes for lovely, wearable top.  I may be contemplating a couple other colors to make more.
I also finished one of my Rose City Rollers:
And even cast on the second one!  At this rate, they may get done before the end of September..maybe.
The body of my Shiny sweater got bound off today, though I am going to rip it out and add an inch to the body, as I made it shorter, but wasn't sure how the sweater was going to sit. My fault for also making a size with almost no ease instead of the suggested six inches.  Still like it.  Highly wearable. It (quite accidentally) matches a Halloween themed circle skirt I bought more than a year ago.
Earlier this year I bought Gretchen Hirsch's latest sewing book. My goal was to make simple, wearable pieces that would use up some of my rather large fabric stash. 
In a surprising turn of events, even to me, I got out fabric, traced patterns, bought notions, and actually cut out the first three dresses I wanted to make! 
Two are for me, the third is for Daughter.  Unsurprisingly, hers the blue one.  I still need to figure out where to set up my sewing machine though, so it may take me a little while to get them sewn up.

I started reading the Discworld novels in the late '80's.  They are still some of my favorite novels to re-read, especially when things get stressful.  Sir Terry Pratchett (gnu) is one of my favorite authors, ever.  So when I saw this bag at Discworld Emporium it had to be mine.

As I tend to view myself as a combination of Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax (with a dash of Miss Susan), this bag is perfect.  Happily, it is a good sized, heavy canvas tote bag as I will be carrying it around until it disintegrates.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.