Sunday, July 28, 2019

Almost a sweater, Accidental peanuts and Why I am behind on all the t.v. shows always

My Shiny is oh so close to being complete! 
I shortened the body, as well as making a size with almost no ease.  It fits beautifully.  Now if I can manage to get that second sleeve done, I'll have a new sweater (after weaving in ends and blocking)!  The yarn is Valley Yarns Charlemont in the Thistle colorway.  At this particular gauge, the fabric created has wonderful drape.

The realization hit the other day, that courtesy of our local squirrels, (all affectionately called Little Bastard), there was a peanut plant growing in with my blueberry bush!
I thought it was a pea plant at first, but there were no tendrils and the flowers were a bright, golden yellow.  There is also one in a flower box out front.   Are gardener squirrels a thing?  Or should I just be happy they planted the peanuts and did not dig up all my plants to get them back?

Confession time:  I do not watch much television (okay, truthfully, almost none at all).  Apparently, I spend more time watching the squirrels in my backyard.
I enjoy television.  There's tons of shows I want to watch, with new ones coming out all the time.  The problem is, I don't sit still well.  When I am sitting still, I am likely writing or doing some sort of needlework; knitting, cross stitch, even crochet.  Admittedly, some of those projects I can work on and watch t.v...if I'm not doing laundry, tending dinner, cleaning house and doing some sort of yard work at the same time.  I do listen to quite a few podcasts; current events/news, knitting, sewing, history or some combination thereof usually.  I don't lose the thread on a podcast when I have to pause it ten minutes in, nor do I get cranky if I have to turn it off completely for whatever reason.  I don't have to look up from whatever my hands are doing.  I can turn it up, clean a bathroom and not miss any plot points that may flash across a screen.
In reality, this makes me feel like a bad modern human, but, binge watching a show (or even just a few episodes in a row) makes me feel guilty, as nothing was likely done while I sat there. 
There is a chance that Good Omens can entice me back.  It is based on one of my favorite novels about the Apocalypse, with some of my favorite actors on the cast. . . I'm sure I can find t.v. knitting around here somewhere.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.