Sunday, February 7, 2021

Art and Shoes

 In all honesty, they are not actual shoes quite yet.  It's the stuff to make shoes, ballet flats specifically.  I need new ones.  After much online shopping, I was unable to find a single pair that would replace my old ones, (at least in a vaguely reasonable price range).

So I did research.  Ballet flats are supposedly easy to make.  I bought a pattern, (she has a fabric boot one too).

I bought supplies, glue and sole material.

I still need to dig out fabric.  Goodness knows I have some I could use.

But the plan is to make a test pair, see if it's a viable idea or me just thinking I need to make all the things.  *stares guilty at the stacks of sewing, mountains of knitting projects, and hoard of sparkly embroidery floss for embroidery and cross stitch*  *turns head, notices shelf full of new paints waiting quietly*

The sweater I was going to finish?  The one just missing fairly short sleeve?  Yeah, still not done.

I did finish the knitting on the Ladyhawke shawl though!  Still need to block it.

As for the art, Daughter sent me a link to this particular piece (that was not the artists' shop).  I immediately went and found the artists' store.  

Smitten.  Absolutely smitten.  Hit me right in The Aesthetic.  

They have coloring books!   I bought a couple of prints; The Rabbat and The Raven.  I also bought a sticker.  The next one on my list to get is The Great Horned Scowl.  

There will likely be others.  

I will need things to look at while making shoes. ;-)

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.