Sunday, March 21, 2021

Some People

 

Husband and I were out doing some grocery shopping yesterday for the Boise State food pantry, (they've been closed since mid February due to lack of supplies).  We wear respirators when out amongst other people, especially lately, since the local mask mandate has been dropped, (larger stores still require masks).

We had finished our shopping and were walking over to grab a snack (to-go) from the food court, (this particular grocery store also has it's own pub).  I notice a pair of couples not far behind us, two masked, two not.  As soon as I was not looking, there was a fake sneeze, (from the unmasked woman) and a host of giggles.

I went back to picking my sushi.  

The group got two steps past us, another faux sneeze out of Ms. Maskless.  More giggles, faces turned round to see our response.

Apparently, our response was...less than friendly, even with the masks over our faces, and not what they expected.  We stayed quiet, we kept track of the hazard.  They seemed unnerved.

I was livid.

I had already been a bit irked after two old men wearing token face shields in line at Costco felt need to comment about how the respirators were, " a bit much" paired with eye rolling and snorts of laughter.

Husband specializes in biological and chemical hazards.  My personal interest lies in biology and genetics.  I keep a book (now two) with death tolls, daily case numbers, and news tidbits.  Yes it's a bit morbid, but this history needs to be remembered as it is.

Is it a bit paranoid?  Hells yes!  Is it unreasonable, in the current situation, to wear the best protection we can get our hands on?  Fuck no.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.