Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


Since it's New Year's Day, let me finally post at least one Christmas picture. The last two and a half months have been a blur of holiday colored yarn, cookies, and wrapping paper. It was a bit of a relief to open my new datebook and hang the new calender in the kitchen. Today, I look forward to a slow day of cartoons and knitting, with no real demands on me in any way (aside from housekeeping of course, that never ends). Since the kids were up till midnight, (and in bed by ten after), they aren't as full of energy as normal. Even with more than eight hours of sleep, they are content to watch Looney Tunes fairly quietly.

I have to admit, for personal and public reasons, I am really quite glad 2008 is finally over. Last year was a bit of an emotional roller coaster. I am looking forward to what can be made of the new year; wrongs righted, problems solved, lessons learned, the potential is awe inspiring. The question being; How will all that potential be put to use? By me? By you? Part of the fun is trying to figure it out!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.