Friday, January 30, 2009

Maybe I should pay better attention

It occurred to me this morning, that maybe I should start working on clothing for warm weather. I realized last night, when trying to find something to go out in, two of my three options for bottoms were at the point of disintegration and most of the top options were for decidedly cooler weather. Maybe the lovely, wool/angora cardigan I've been working on can wait while I finish a lace silk top and sew up some skirts that don't have holes in the fabric. My wardrobe tends to be something I think about all too often, but the last thing I actually do anything about. Besides, I can't get those entertaining looks from the locals around here if I dress the way I am expected to. No, I don't care if they think they are laughing at me, mainly due to the fact I think it's funny that they all dress alike. Kind of like a pair of women in the restaurant we went to last night (please imagine evil smirk here). At this point, I would like to note, it's always the women who are disparaging, the men tend to try not to look too hard (I think Hubby has something to do with that). Maybe it's the waist length red hair and muted red lipstick? Unless I missed something and it was the plain black Doc Marten's with an ankle length (loose fit) denim skirt?
Please understand, I am not trying to be mean and rude, this is really just my commentary on how I stick out like a sore thumb almost everywhere we go. It's just easier to be a touch arrogant about it than lament my inability to conform.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.