Friday, July 31, 2009

So very easily distracted


It's sad really. It's not like there aren't enough projects in progress around here, I had to start a dozen more. The handful of projects I had in progress are still slowly being accomplished. Six of the seven towels I've been embroidering are done, but I decided to embroider two half aprons as well due to the "oooh shiny!" factor at Sublime Stitches . The knitting would be under control if the need to design and re-design things hadn't suddenly and rather unexpectedly bit. Technicolor mesh thigh high stockings mysteriously appeared on the needles. A table runner pattern was really lovely, but not quite what I was looking for so I had to design a whole new one. The vintage stocking pattern was nice, but why not make them toe up with a different lace pattern up the front? Mild contemplation of yarn stash led to the mental designing of and immediate need to write down a pattern for slippers.
Top it off with an internal debate about whether to keep my hair decidedly red, go back to natural blonde, or split the difference and go for a strawberry blonde?
Did I mention we started painting as well?

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.