Sunday, April 29, 2012

Grown Up Summer Clothes

Courtesy of a shindig we are attending in early May, I have been making a fervent attempt at re-working my rather old clothes for mostly housekeeping into an actual wardrobe of clothes I love and am not slightly embarrassed to leave the house in.  This has involved much knitting, some less than stellar sewing on my part (in my defense, pants are more complicated than simple skirts) and the purchasing of some very particular pieces to fill out the rest of it.  
One thing I decided I must absolutely have was a pair of red high heels. Not on everyone's list, I know, but can make a dress pop and jeans look flashy simply by sliding them on.  A bonus is that the pair I bought happen to be exceptionally comfortable as well as affordable! Thank you Payless!  While not the only shoes I purchased for the spring/summer season, they are the only ones that are not black.  All have a slightly vintage vibe to them.
As for the Nuance line from Salma Hayek I've been using, I still love it!  Nothing I've used has caused a negative skin reaction (for once) and the coffee and cocoa butter cream smells like you've smearing a light coating of milk chocolate truffle over yourself as well as improving the texture of the skin.  I will be replacing what I have when it runs out, as it's one of my new favorite things!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.