Thursday, February 28, 2019

I guess I crochet now....

I finally dove into my basket of sock yarn leftovers and put a Granny Stripe Blanket on the hook.  It took a couple of tries to get things rolling, but there is now a six foot wide blanket started. The extent of my crochet before has been simple edging on random knitting projects and a double handful of festive dishcloths one year. This will be a huge blanket, which is rather the point, my bed is a CalKing.  What it really means, my crochet will get better, eventually.
It's not beautifully planned like some.  This will be a true scrap blanket, working the yarn amount that I've picked next till I run out or am bored of the color.  This...is going to take a good while, about five months at an inch a day.  It is kind of a perfect project for my accidental year of working from stash though.

I also had a sock jump on my needles, because my brain said I needed them.  These are the Kia socks by Dawn Henderson.  The yarn is Junkyarns in the Sophie colorway.

I really need to stop casting on new things, even if it is all stash yarn.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.