Thursday, June 13, 2019

Distractions and Detours

Also Known As: why I rarely get things done in a timely fashion or in any sort of logical order.

The wildflowers I planted produced a daisy (I think) in a color I have never grown before:
It is pink y'all.  Like '80's L.A. Gear tee shirt I used to own, pink.

A glass table we have had, and moved, for the last twenty years (the last ten it's been outside in all weathers), kind of...randomly exploded, the other day:
The one chip that was in the table?  Was still there when I went to clean up the resulting mess.

I recently made friends with a young military family getting ready to have their first child.  As I rather like them, they've been invited for food (of course).  Knitter Mom also kicked in, especially as the first full season the newborn will experience, is Idaho Winter.
So I cast on some socks (based on this pattern) earlier this week with yarn pillaged from stash:
Then I realized, woolies for toes are good, but during Idaho Winter, child needs their head covered as well...so I went into the stash, found some yarn and a pattern:
I'm trying to get both projects done as fast as possible, they need to be washed before I pass them along.
I was making progress on my Autumn League (Summer edition):
As well as my Special-T:
The yarn for the Special-T has been surprisingly nice to work with, particularly as it's a nylon/cotton/acrylic/silk/linen blend.  Definitely a non-wool blend I would work with again!

The real problem/distraction I am having?  I went and took a good solid look at the pages for the Ripple Bralette and the Ripple Crop Top.  Now I think I need both.  In multiple colors.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.