Saturday, June 8, 2019

I was just browsing new patterns

Scrolling through the latest pattern on Ravelry, like I do all too often, I found one of the latest by Boo Knits, Venus Rising.  Interesting, though goodness knows I was not looking for yet another giant lace shawl pattern with beads.  I still went with my normal routine with patterns I am interested in; look for yarn and/or beads and if I find things, plan for the purchase of all the things needed, put them together in a kit and chuck it in a bin in the craft room for later.  The whole process sounds simple enough.  Usually, if I am truly taken with a pattern, I buy it, then can't find the "perfect" materials to make it, so it gets set aside indefinitely, with the supplies I envision for it bouncing around in the back of my skull. 
This time, the pattern was not put on the back burner.  I went looking, only to find a BFL/silk lace in the Rosewood colorway from NorthBound Knitting and Sparkly Champagne beads, with a Venus theme?  Perfect.
As it was Eat. Sleep. Knit., they are doing their yarn marathon again this year (I hadn't bought yarn from them since fall last year) I grabbed a skein of Malabrigo lace in the Velvet Grapes colorway to pop me to the first level.  I knew I already had one in the yarn stash.  A second skein would give me enough yardage to make something substantial.
As Daughter gasped when she saw the color, the Twenny Dolla Sweater I will make with it shall go to her. 
To find that second skein,  I had to dig through bins in the craft room. Which means I found yarn for two or three more Twenny Dolla Sweaters in colors I prefer(charcoal and blood red).  The Monarri pattern  has been bouncing around in my head as well.  I may have found a couple of quantities (in burgundy and green) of yarn in the correct gauge and fiber content, (I do adore silk) to make the top.  Trying to be sensible, I grouped them in little piles and told myself once I got a few more things off the needles, then I would pull them out and kit them up properly to be cast on.
I did allow myself to pull out one kit that had been put aside for a good long while, my Abomination Unto Nuggan shawl
Of course it's blue.  What other color could I have possibly chosen?  I do love a novel inspired knit.

The yarn for my (first) All Tied Up tank has been left out:
And the My Boy Lollipop sweater is practically begging me to find yarn for it!

I have six sweaters, a minimum of five shawls, seven pairs of socks, some shopping bags, and one Cal-King sized crochet scrap blanket in progress at this very moment.
Two sweaters have actually been finished in the last two weeks:
Mini Montrey (which even Husband announced was cute when I tried it on) still needs buttons:

As well as a third June Lake:
At that rate I can totally get all the sweaters on my needles, maybe some socks and a shawl or three completed by the end of August....right?

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.