Thursday, June 4, 2020

Political Lipstick

I bought lipstick yesterday.  It sounds like a vapid and, frankly, clueless act yes? (Especially to announce semi-publicly).  The lipstick is from Lipslut.  The color I bought is called F*ck Trump.  As of this posting, they are donating 100% of sitewide earnings to organizations fighting police violence, systemic racism, and the oppression of Black Americans.  Seemed like a good purchase to me. 
My knitting has also gone a bit political, which it has done before.  Documenting points in time as well as making statements.  There are the pussy hats, standard and elven, that still reside with my other hats and continue to wear occasionally.  The Social Distancing Cowl, is on the needles in a very subdued color palette.  No, I don't think it tasteless or tacky.  It is a commemoration of a global event, a physical remembrance of something that may fade from memory.  Some things I just refuse to forget. 
I went stash diving and am winding the yarn for this hat right now.  It will be cast on after dinner this evening.
I think I have decided on a color palette for All Together, likely a dark charcoal background with contrast colors in burgundy, green and purple, (mainly because I couldn't decide on just two contrast colors).
Yarn and lipstick as political statements?  Count me all in.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.