Monday, June 1, 2020

Anything I Say Will Not Be Enough

I currently live in a decidedly red state that is painfully monochromatic.  My neighborhood is small town retiree suburbia.
Most of my social media accounts lie quiet, untouched for weeks on end...except for my tumblr account. On that platform, there is an endless re-blog of information.  Are you white?  Read these and learn.  Are you out protesting?  Here's how you deal with tear gas.  Here are the latest updates from those protests.  These are representative of the latest themes.  You may have to scroll to find stuff pertaining to current events.  You may not. (No, I've not gone anarchist. For multiple reasons.)
Instagram is a platform for showing things, for having people see what you want them to.  There is a minimal sense of exchange of information or of anything un-polished.  It does not feel like the right platform for this moment.  (Though I don't think it's ever been the platform for me as none of my life is really "Instagram-worthy".)
Right now is about doing something.  Hells, buy a sock pattern. The front page of Ravelry right now is pretty darn useful if you have the funds to do so.  Spread (accurate) information. Be supportive of others where you can, however you can.
I have stated this before; People. Are. Not. Things.  

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.