Saturday, July 11, 2020

Finally, it is Summer!

Watering the garden before the heat of the day.  Listening to the hum of bees as they go from flower to flower.  The smell of the tomato vines in the air.
Less than a month ago, I was having to turn my heat back on, the temperatures had dropped so far.  I worried my poor plants would never bear fruit.  Now, I have had to prop up beans, peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes with 5-6 foot wood dowels and garden twine.
Only one actual cucumber has been produced.
It has since been used as a side for dinner one evening.  The consensus was that it was delicious.
I let a random onion go to flower.  It is the pompom I didn't realize my garden needed.
The bees adore it!
One of my salad pots may have accidentally started producing an Audrey 2:
It's not started singing, so I think we are safe...for now.

I haven't finished any sort of craft project in ages.  I did cast on a new one though.
An emPower People bandana in Malabrigo silky merino in Purple Mystery.  Wear some purple y'all.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.