Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I can still run!

My daughter popped her head in the front door this afternoon to worriedly announce that her brother had fallen off of a scooter and twisted his ankle. Off I ran, literally sprinting down the street (as he had managed to fall at the far end from our house). Neighbors came out of their houses as the crazy lady in the orange shirt ran past their driveways. One nice man asked if we needed help, but as we were only two houses away from our front door by the time he asked, I politely thanked him and proceeded to haul my hobbled boy into our front door. The adrenalin has worn off. I can tell because my body is letting me know, in no uncertain terms, that I rarely run flat out anymore. It would have to be the evening Hubby is getting home late this week!

1 comment:

Ummm, honey?? said...

I had that same revelation this weekend as, at 5 1/2 months pregnant, I had to sprint half way across a soccer field to get my daughter! Don't kids understand that we're getting old and slow?

Love ya!ogrdosbn

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.