Thursday, October 9, 2008

Don't Panic

A relevant bit of advice don't you think? I've been repeating it almost mantra-like this morning. I had to deal with spiders. I am not fond of most spiders, especially out here since many of them have rather nasty bites. Not nice daddy long legs, no, a mini tarantula and a black widow were what I had to deal with. Now I knew the little tarantula was out there, he'd been camping on my back door for a couple of days. I also knew that I didn't want him hanging around till he got bigger. So, clad in boots, gloves, long sleeves and long pants, I ventured into my back yard with the intent to get rid of him with the bottom of my boot. Only to find he wasn't on the door anymore. As I was watering my plants, I saw him crawling on the wall. Up towards my bedroom window! Hose in hand, water pressure turned up, I began to spray him, all was taken care of...till the black widow dropped from the corner of the patio I had hosed down. I am happy to report I got her too. Have I mentioned I don't like spiders? I have to admit, they were easier to get rid of than the centipede the size of my index finger that was in the kids' bathroom! I just really would rather avoid all large, potential hazardous creepy crawlies from now on, thanks.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.