Friday, October 24, 2008

A quiet lunch

The local public schools have today off. So, my kids organized a picnic with some of the neighborhood kids today. It's been very cute to peek at them down the street, the little herd sitting on a big fuzzy blanket eating sandwiches and apples with peanut butter and cheese. It also means that the only break in a rather unusually peaceful lunch hour for me is the neighbor a few houses down playing his radio way too loudly. I could get used to this.

The really good news is that Boyo could walk halfway down the block to where they are having this picnic. Which means his ankle is healing up nicely.

I'm still trying to understand who sets up and goes to a picnic when it's below 60*F outside.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.