Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Three hundred and twenty...

and still counting! My efforts to organize my knitting patterns are becoming even more long and drawn out than I expected. Yes, I am really up to 320 patterns thus far. I thought I was done filing things when I found a binder on a bottom bookshelf. A 3-inch binder. A little over half full of yet more patterns! Then I remembered the knitting kits I put together about 6 months ago, probably a half dozen or more stashed in the downstairs closet.
I would like it noted that at least 95% of these patterns are freebies collected over the last 5 years or so. Buying patterns is something I do when I find a design very striking and only then, as I have to be able to afford the yarn to make the item in the first place. I would also like it noted that this does not include all my pattern books (of which there are dozens) or any of the magazines (of which I have lost count).

My new books came in yesterday! Yay! I am the only one in the house with any enthusiasm for square foot gardening year round or Ani Phyo's recipes. This means getting it all rolling on my lonesome with the hopes that my enthusiasm will be contagious and I will not be looked at like I am just making noise anymore. And people wonder why I spend so much time knitting anymore.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.