Thursday, April 30, 2020

Bouncing Brain

The realization that the small airport described in the opening of one of my favorite novels, Dies the Fire, is less than 10 minutes from my house, (drove past it the other day).
Being unable to find the third ball of the first color of what was going to be a two color shawl....and is now going to be a three color shawl.  My Wildwood will still be large and squishy.
Having found clumps of colors in the yarn stash(while looking for that third ball of yarn), piling up a couple of colors to take photos...because.
Fuchsia.  Two sweater quantities.  In two different gauges.  Who knew?  Not me apparently.
The other pile was a bit more expected.


All those shades of green that tend to lean, clearing in the middle of a dark forest or swamp instead of emerald or kelly.

Finding myself far too thrilled over finding the Love Witch sweater pattern.  Really, truly wanting to knit those huge, over-dramatic bell sleeves.  Knowing I will knit the smaller set of sleeves, because I am not the most coordinated of humans.  Those glorious over-sized sleeves would catch on everything around me, as well as be drug through whatever mug, plate or bowl is within sleeve reach.
Thrilled that the vanilla orchid I purchased back at the beginning of December is finally putting on proper growth!
Allowing my Cassandra-ness to steer things a bit more, acknowledge the hunches, pair it with logic, extrapolate out, act on things as needed (it's been working well so far).  Try really hard not to wallow.  Can't ignore it entirely.  That turns out badly.

Grinning every time I look over and see my new pins from Le Mouton Rouge Knittery 
And wondering if I am going to have enough room for the rest of the seedlings I have?
You can never have too many tomatoes and peppers...right?

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.