Saturday, April 4, 2020

At Forty-four

I don't apologize for the sort of trashy, fluffy novels I enjoy reading.  I dress how I like, frequently in things I have made, despite the...interesting responses from most people.  I have actively stated I dislike being the center of attention...and people have started listening.  I continue to wear my hair in braids, as well as dye it with henna.  I am studying permaculture and adore it!  I am currently reading Gaia's Garden, which I highly recommend!
I will try to grow any plant I can get my hands on, including super tiny tomatoes.
I still love to play in make up.  I have an entire drawer full of the stuff.  
Mostly I wear this:
I did splurge for my birthday this year and bought a whole face worth of make up from Besame.
Because a blood red lipstick (a replicated color from 1922), purple cake mascara(super easy to use), a fancy compact and apricot cream blush seems very fancy.  I actually wasn't sure about the blush color, but it was their recommendation.  I really like it!  Who knew?
I also still adore video games, though I mostly watch now, since knitting and trying to game at the same time does not work.  Buuut, I can knit and play board games.  So Husband bought me the board game version of one of my favorite video game series!
I may be a fan.
I am still awkward and ridiculous, my hands full of yarn and my nose in a book, dirt under my nails from gardening.
Now, I apologize less for it.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.