Friday, August 21, 2020

On a Friday in Late August

 California is on fire, again.  Lightning storms started the fires this time.  I sit and worry as I read about friends losing their homes, fretting over their safety.  Quietly mourning my beloved redwoods, so many of them now just kindling and ash.

Even here, there is a smoke haze in the air that burns eyes and makes the light glaring, harsh.  Late in the day the sun is blood orange.  It gets dark earlier than it should.

My hair is green again.  Emerald at the roots, changing to something closer to moss or seaweed at the ends.  Despite the dramatic color shift, it is as comfortable as my usual copper shade, though even more conspicuous when we venture out, which continues to be almost not at all.

Mostly, I do housework and tend the garden.  I've also started collecting seeds from a few of the plants.  And I continue to knit.  Of course.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.