Tuesday, September 1, 2020

It started innocently enough...

 I found a pattern that I thought was amusing.  Showed pattern to Husband, he thought it amusing as well, while making mention his Mom totally needed one.  Saying I am fond of my mother in law is an understatement, so I bought the crochet pattern.  ( I may have used it as an excuse to purchase Deerly Departed and Mr. Wednesday as well).

While perusing yarn for said crochet project (as well as a couple of others, a friend is apparently desperately in need of hats), we came to the realization that many people would likely appreciate said fiber endeavor.  Guess what all y'all are getting for the holidays? (In case you were wondering why I may not have linked the pattern.)  Hopefully it remains a good choice as the yarn has already been ordered.

I finished my Salal, complete with buttons!  It does need a final blocking after I picked up the button and neck band.


It makes me look like a very fancy She-Hulk.  This pleases me greatly.

I picked my lone pumpkin.  It looked done, as I did plant the small or pie sized variety, it wasn't supposed to get very big.  And as I have decided it is Halloween already, it is a lovely addition to the decor, until we get around to roasting it.


When I realized that our kitchen was in need of new spatulas, I may have perused the holiday section at JoAnn's, they may have been having a sale....and I may have gone a wee bit overboard.  It truly is Halloween everyday in this house.


It should be evident; I am well and truly done with the first half of this year.  It's not that I think the second half will be better (quite the opposite really), but at least it will be partially done in the comforting colors of fall and all the trappings that go with the season.

Which is why I got mini cookie cutters too.



No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.